There are four main areas of San Diego with clusters of breweries in close proximity to each other, ideal for cramming in multiple breweries in a short amount of time. These four areas are North County, Mira Mesa, Downtown, and East County. Then there are the other breweries, that are scattered throughout San Diego County.
Additionally, Temecula and Orange County hold their own with a handful of quality microbreweries. And recently our eyes have been opened to Mexico’s microbrewery scene; thirty minutes south of Downtown you can cross the International Border to find many new micro breweries.
- North County Breweries – There are many breweries in North County along the 78 freeway in the San Marcos, Vista, Escondido, and Oceanside.
- Breweries in Mira Mesa – There are many breweries in this area. You’ll find them situated next to or inside Industrial warehouses and office buildings.
- Micro Breweries Downtown & Near to Downtown – If you’re flying into San Diego, you can be at one of these breweries within 10 minutes of leaving the airport.
- East County Breweries – Put your cowboy boots on and head out to the Lakeside, Santee, El Cajon area.
- Micro Breweries in the Neighborhood of San Diego – There are a few breweries in San Diego county that stand alone and hold their own.
- Orange County Breweries – If you don’t mind an hour drive North along the beautiful coast, you’ll be delighted to visit the breweries of the OC.
- Micro Breweries in Temecula – San Diego’s wine country is now “beer & wine country”.
- Mexico / Tijuana Breweries – A brand new beer world for us that we are looking forward to trying.